The K-Vape aims to deliver on two critical points that many vaporizers miss. Price and ease-of-use.
In the box
In the box you’ll find:
- K-Vape: Soft rubbery finish on the back and sides, glossy plastic on the front. 5.5″ tall and 1″ thick.
- Accessory pack (with long and short mouthpiece covers, as well as replacement screens): I received two long mouthpiece covers, three short ones, and five screens.
- Micro USB charging cable: I charge my K-Vape using the USB port on my iPhone charger. Most phone USB wall chargers should do the job just fine. Even if I forget to bring my charging cord along, micro USB is a common enough standard that I don’t have trouble finding one.
- Cleaning brush: The cleaning brush is handy for keeping the K-Vape in respectable shape. Do not stick it into the vaporizer when it’s hot, it will melt the brush.
- Manual: Short, with some pictures. I’ll cover everything the manual covers in this review.
How to use
The K-Vape has one button and two lights. I thought that remembering all the blinking and color configurations would be difficult, but a few sessions with the K-Vape was enough to have a good routine with it.
- Power On/Off: Click the button five times to turn the K-Vape on or off.
- Change temperature: Hold the button for two seconds until the temperature indicator light changes color.
Button Light (built into the button)
- Solid Red: Heating up.
- Solid Green: Ready.
- Blinking Red (five blinks): Low battery.
Temperature Indicator Light (under the button)
- Red: 360F
- Green: 380F
- Blue: 420F
Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning the K-Vape is simple:
- Wait until the K-Vape is cool. Do not clean a hot oven!
- Brush out all the large and solid stuff with the provided brush. A few strokes should be enough.
- Rub cotton swab with some isopropyl or rubbing alcohol along the walls. You’ll pull up a bit of resin if you’ve used the K-Vape a few times already.
- Rub the dry end of the cotton swab along the sides of the oven to finish the job and make sure you knock free anything still stuck.
- I run the K-Vape empty to dry the oven off. One cycle is enough.
Cleaning the mouthpiece:
- Unscrew the screen holder from the mouthpiece.
- Using a pipe cleaner soaked in isopropyl or rubbing alcohol run the pipe cleaner through the mouthpiece a few times. Run a dry pipe cleaner through to dry it off.
- The screen can be cleaned with a little bit of alcohol and your fingers or a cotton swab.
- Screw the screen holder back into place, you’re all done!
I’m happy with the K-Vape. It performed well under scrutiny and managed to deliver some visually impressive clouds on the highest settings.
The K-Vape is a vape I can finally show my friends that they won’t dismiss over the price, or because its “just too much work” to the use the vaporizer. This is the vaporizer for them. Especially when it comes in at under half of the price of a Pax, yet performs competitively.
It’s an easy vaporizer to fit in your pants or jacket pocket. The soft rubbery finish gives it a comfortable grip, it’s not slippery. When on, the top of the K-Vape can get a bit hot, but never got too hot to put in my pocket so it was a non-issue for me. I cleaned the K-Vape a few times, no problems there. Sometimes I ran the K-Vape on red (lowest setting) while cleaning it out with a cotton swab. This made it easier to just wipe off the resin. Of course this break my first rule of cleaning the K-Vape, which is don’t stick anything into a hot vaporizer… use your best judgement.
Some key points to remember:
- Mouthpiece pops off by pressing to the side.
- Auto-Shutoff is a bit aggressive at three minutes. Not an issue if you remember to power cycle the K-Vape (pressing the button ten times) once in a while to restart the timer.
- Blue is the highest temperature, not red. I kept forgetting this.
Battery life is tough for me to be specific about. I was happy with the battery life on the K-Vape and never ran into a situation where I wanted to use it and it was dead. I did get into the habit of putting it on the charger overnight with my phone.
The three temperature settings each hit a good sweet spot; the lowest temperature extracting flavor from the herb, and the highest producing satisfying clouds.
K-Vape is a solid vaporizer at a good price. A great entry into vaporizers for new users, and a solid no-frills portable for the rest of us.
Support This Site
Ready to purchase your next vaporizer? Whether you’re shopping for your first vape or your fifth, by using the purchase links on this site to buy your next vaporizer you can earn me a small referral credit. This goes towards the costs of running this site. There is no added cost to you for using these links. Thank you – I really appreciate your support,
Save $20 by using coupon code KVAPE20
You made it all the way to the end of the review. Thanks for reading.
Before you go, consider signing up for the newsletter below. You’ll get email updates when new reviews are posted, or if there are big happenings in the vaporizer universe.