…designed to provide cooling vapor mist when used with a vaporizer.
The Vaporbrothers Mini Hydrator is a USA made water filtration device created by the designers of the Original ceramic heated, Vaporbrothers Vaporizer. The product quality is noteworthy and should be considered by someone interested in adding water diffusion/cooling to their existing system… And in these respects, the Mini Hydrator delivers!
Before we begin the review I would like to emphasize, while this product was designed by Vaporbrothers their hydrator may be used with other brand vaporizers. The included H2O adapter should easily fit to most whips / WPAs.
- The Mini Hydrator stands at 7 ¼” from base to the mouth stem.
- The Mini Hydrator stands at about 3 ¾” from the base to the recessed female downstem.
- The Mini Hydrator also include a Male 14mm H2O Adapter for your existing vaporizer whip. Their website offers the following base to H2O Adapter measurement: 4 ⅞”
- The H2O adapter measures ¼” across(diameter). Where a whip diameter larger than ¼” would leave a space and require customization.
- Downstem Size: 14mm
- Weight: 5.89 oz w/o H2O adapter & 6.34 oz w/ H2O adapter
- The entire unit is one solid piece of glass. With exception to the H2O (whip adapter) there are no removable parts.
- Research indicates they use Dewaar downstem for the mini hydrator.
- The newest version of the Mini Hydrator features 7 diffusion holes (up from 5).
- Pyrex-type borosilicate glass used.
USA made heavywall glass (50×3.5mm); brand name Schott glass.
- Visually the piece likens more to the glass aficionado, with a sciencey feel.
- The curved mouth stem helps reduce the size of the hydrator and gives it a more compact size. The curve shape also improves on the hydrators overall aesthetics.
- Since the system is one solid glass unit, there does appear to be some cleaning issue but nothing of major concern. Oil reclaim won’t be easy in the Mini as it is in their larger models(with detachable mouth stems).
- The front of the hydrator has the Vaporbrothers logo prominently etched in the glass. This can be a positive or negative, but for me it’s a warm reminder of the Vaporbrother quality. I like that it’s not a painted logo, but instead carved into the glass.
- When comparing something of this scale to other water filtration methods I want to point out the low amount of drag. Air flow in this device is exceptional and there is 0 chug when drawing air flow through the Mini Hydrator.
- After taking a fine eye under magnifying glass I can attest to their claims: no bubble or clouds could be observed in the piece.
- The hydrator sits firmly on its surface with no wobble, meaning the bottom dimensions are proportioned correctly.
- One other thing to note is that the piece is not top heavy, when tilted over to a 30 degree angle the hydrator will tend to rest back on the bottom and not tip over.
- Finally, let me comment on the end of the mouth stem itself. The widened spoon shape(where your mouth rests) is attached to the cylindrical tube making vapor draws easier, more natural, and steady.
- It wouldn’t be an objective review if I didn’t mention some of the cheaper made knock-off’s, using similar design/appearance.
- While at first glance these cheaper made devices look identical. User reviews have reported:
- Disproportions in glass creating a wobble while at resting position.
- Thinness in glass and resulting frailty or breakage.
…only bummer is that while it was sitting on the carpet it was lightly tipped on its side and the mouth piece joint broke off.
- The cheaper glass showed signs of “clouding” with a “milky” appearance.
- Air bubbles were also present in the cheaper made glass.
“We’ve figured a way to do the cuts for as much as on the old model, and no increase in price.”
- There are several videos online comparing the knock-off model and I would give them a watch so you can observe performance comparisons.
- The Mini Hydrator is currently listed at $99.00 MSRP
- The site offers free shipping (over $50) and I received my order by the third business day.
- Packaging was excellent delivered via USPS in one of their boxes. Enclosed in peanut packing was another Vaporbrothers box that contained the hydrator, inlaid with bubble wrap and recycled paper for extra cushioning.
- For orders I recommend their official store: http://www.vaporwarehouse.com
- If I had the money to spare and desired water filtration the Mini Hydrator is a hands down recommendation.
- Even while priced competitively, I do think cost is still a limiting factor and given the steep competition offered from the knock-offs… I have would recommend this for a connoisseur than the novice.
- An established vapist would appreciate the hydrator, but someone new to vaporizers may find greater benefit in the lower price point offered in a knock-off.
- I like that the mini is small and somewhat portable and can see myself traveling with this piece.
- Like all water filtration systems, it is a nice option but non essential. I’d recommend them for individuals seeking a smoother vape experience.
What’s in the box?:
- 1 x Vaporbrothers Mini Hydrator with 14mm Female downstem (no removable parts).
- 1 x H2O Water Adapter with 14mm male end.